Matthew 14:12 (NIV)
John’s disciples came and took his body and buried it. Then they went and told Jesus.
- Prayer is not an option it is an obligation!
- Prayer is not just a delightful blessing it is a spiritual duty!
- Prayer is a tremendous privilege, but it is also a responsibility!
What is prayer? Prayer is the way to God:
- “gateway” into God’s presence
- “highway” leading to bountiful blessings
- “doorway” opening to precious opportunities
- “pathway” going toward celestial joys
- “entryway” into unsearchable riches
- To fail to pray is to eventually fail in everything else as well
Tell Him –
- Of your concerns
2 Chronicles 20:12b (NKJV) For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”
- When you are in trouble
Matthew 8:25 (NKJV) Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
Luke 9:38 (NLT) A man in the crowd called out to him, “Teacher, I beg you to look at my son, my only child.
- Of family illness
Mark 1:30 (NLT) Now Simon’s mother-in-law was sick in bed with a high fever. They told Jesus about her right away.
- Of your needs
Mark 10:51 (NLT) “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked. “Rabbi,” the blind man said, “I want to see!”
Ø Of your failures
Mark 9:28-29 (NLT) 28 Afterward, when Jesus was alone in the house with his disciples, they asked him, “Why couldn’t we cast out that evil spirit?” 29 Jesus replied, “This kind can be cast out only by prayer.”
Luke 5:5 (NLT) “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.”