Philippians 2:12-13 KJV
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Levels on which Salvation exists
- Saved from the penalty of sin – justification
- Saved from the power of sin – sanctification
- Saved from the presence of sin – glorification
Too many Christians make Christianity about being with Christ in the next world instead of being like Christ in this world.
- Your success in life must be personally important to you
- Do what has to be done
- Do it when it has to be done
- Do it as well as it can be done
- Do it that way all the time
- Your success in life must reflect industry by you
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV – 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Mark 14:25-29 GNV – 25 I tell you, I will never again drink this wine until the day I drink the new wine in the Kingdom of God.” 26 Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives. 27 Jesus said to them, “All of you will run away and leave me, for the scripture says, ‘God will kill the shepherd, and the sheep will all be scattered.’ 28 But after I am raised to life, I will go to Galilee ahead of you.” 29 Peter answered, “I will never leave you, even though all the rest do!”
- Your success in life must be through God’s involvement in you
Colossians 1:29 NIV – To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
His will – aspirations
To do – appropriations