SERIES – The Young and the Restless
Ezekiel 3:15 KJV
Then I came to them of the captivity at Telabib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days.
2 Corinthians 8:9 NIV
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.
Racism is the exclusion and exploitation of Blacks as citizens.
- The NAACP sought change through the courts.
- Martin Luther King Jr. and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference south change through boycotts and moral persuasion.
- SNCC and Ella Baker sought change through civil disobedience and direct action.
I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.
Martin Luther King Jr.
- What strengthened the civil rights movement was television and media.
- What weakened the civil rights movement was television.
Martin Luther King Jr. used television to create empathy towards Blacks.
Post-civil rights celebrity culture has used the media to create apathy towards Blacks.
Success is less about the choices you make and more about the choices you have.
Instead of celebrating kids that beat the odds, why not create communities that reduce the odds.