Message Notes for Wednesday, September 12, 2018
God’s Got You!
Psalm 27 NRSV
- 1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- 2 When evildoers assail me to devour my flesh— my adversaries and foes— they shallstumble and fall.
- 3 Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise upagainst me, yet I will be confident.
- 4 One thing I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.
- 5 For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will set me high on a rock.
- 6 Now my head is lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tentsacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing andmake melody to the Lord.
- 7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me!
- 8 “Come,” my heart says, “seek his face!” Your face, Lord, do I seek.
- 9 Do not hide your face from me. Do not turn your servant away in anger, you who have been my help. Do not cast me off, do not forsake me, O God of my salvation!
- 10 If my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will take me up.
- 11 Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies.
- 12 Do not give me up to the will of my adversaries, for false witnesses have risen against me, and they are breathing out violence.
- 13 I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
- 14 Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
1 Samuel 23:13-14 NRSV
- 13 Then David and his men, who were about six hundred, set out and left Keilah; they wandered wherever they could go. When Saul was told that David had escaped from Keilah, he gave up the expedition.
- 14 David remained in the strongholds in the wilderness, in the hill country of the Wilderness of Ziph. Saul sought him every day, but the Lord did not give him into his hand.
Psalm 91 NRSV
- 1 You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
- 2 will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.”
- 3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence;
- 4 he will cover you with his pinions, and underhis wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness isa shield and buckler.
- 5 You will not fear the terror of the night, or thearrow that flies by day,
- 6 or the pestilence that stalks in darkness, or the destruction that wastes at noonday.
- 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
- 8 You will only look with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
- 9 Because you have made the Lord your refuge, the Most High your dwelling place,
- 10 no evil shall befall you, no scourge come near your tent.
- 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
- 12 On their hands they will bear you up, so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.
- 13 You will tread on the lion and the adder, the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot.
- 14 Those who love me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know my name.
- 15 When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them.
- 16 With long life I will satisfy them, and show them my salvation.