Message Notes for Tuesday, September 11, 2018
How Bad Do You Want It?
Mark 5:21-34 NIV
- 21 When Jesus had again crossed over by boat to the other side of the lake, a large crowd gathered around him while he was by the lake.
- 22 Then one of the synagogue rulers, named Jairus, came there. Seeing Jesus, he fell at his feet
- 23 and pleaded earnestly with him, “My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands onher so that she will be healed and live.”
- 24 So Jesus went with him. A large crowd followed and pressed around him.
- 25 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.
- 26 She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yetinstead of getting better she grew worse.
- 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak,
- 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.”
- 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
- 30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd andasked, “Who touched my clothes?”
- 31 “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Whotouched me?'”
- 32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it.
- 33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, tremblingwith fear, told him the whole truth.
- 34 He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from yoursuffering.