SERIES – Moving Beyond Your Limitations
Matthew 25:14-30 NLT
- 14 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called together his servants and entrusted his money to them while he was gone.
- 15 He gave five bags of silver to one, two bags of silver to another, and one bag of silver
to the last—dividing it in proportion to their abilities. He then left on his trip.
- 16 “The servant who received the five bags of silver began to invest the money and earned five more.
- 17 The servant with two bags of silver also went to work and earned two more.
- 18 But the servant who received the one bag of silver dug a hole in the ground and hid the master’s money.
- 19 “After a long time their master returned from his trip and called them to give an account of how they had used his money.
- 20 The servant to whom he had entrusted the five bags of silver came forward with five more and said, ‘Master, you gave me five bags of silver to invest, and I have earned five more.’
- 21 “The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’
- 22 “The servant who had received the two bags of silver came forward and said, ‘Master, you gave me two bags of silver to invest, and I have earned two more.’
- 23 “The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’
- 24 “Then the servant with the one bag of silver came and said, ‘Master, I knew you were a harsh man, harvesting crops you didn’t plant and gathering crops you didn’t cultivate.
- 25 I was afraid I would lose your money, so I hid it in the earth. Look, here is your money back.’
- 26 “But the master replied, ‘You wicked and lazy servant! If you knew I harvested crops I didn’t plant and gathered crops I didn’t cultivate,
- 27 why didn’t you deposit my money in the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it.’
- 28 “Then he ordered, ‘Take the money from this servant, and give it to the one with the ten bags of silver.
- 29 To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.
- 30 Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Matthew 27:45 NLT
At noon, darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock.
A talanton (talent) is worth TWENTY years of wages.
To be your best it takes: I. IMAGINATION
II. MOTIVATION III. ASPIRATION IV. LIBERATION
Matthew 13:44 NLT – “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again and sold everything he owned to get enough money to buy the field.
Black America is 14% of the population.
Black America owns 2.6% of the national wealth. Black Baby-boomers which constitutes 20% of Black America controls 90% of that wealth. Black baby-boomers advanced because of affirmative action