Isaiah 40:1-4 KJV
1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins.
3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
Luke 3:4-5 KJV
4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
Luke 3:10-14 MSG
10 The crowd asked him, “Then what are we supposed to do?”
11 “If you have two coats, give one away,” he said. “Do the same with your food.”
12 Tax men also came to be baptized and said, “Teacher, what should we do?”
13 He told them, “No more extortion—collect only what is required by law.”
14 Soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?” He told them, “No shakedowns, no blackmail—and be content with your rations.”
Hard economic times always makes desperate and anxious people vulnerable to DEMAGOGUES who deceptively make FALSE PROMISES and give FALSE HOPES.
- Trump is teaching us what kind of country we can have if we don’t lift up THE POOR.
- Trump is teaching us, never to put anyone in political office who cannot be CRITICIZED.
President Obama’s message was of racial UNITY not racial JUSTICE
President Obama got into office advancing the myth of POST RACIAL AMERICA.
- Trump is teaching us that the Black community must be DATA driven and not EMOTION driven.
- Trump is teaching us that politics is QUID PRO QUO, SOMETHING FOR SOMETHING. YOU SCRATCH MY BACK AND I’LL SCRATCH YOURS.
Signs of a racialized society:
- Power and wealth are DISPROPORTIONATELY DISTRIBUTED on the basis of race.
- The unequal access to SOCIAL CAPITAL and CONNECTIONS.
III. Eurocentric standards are NORMATIVE.
- The denial or minimization of RACIAL PRIVILEGE yet the privileged group.
- The absence of Black governed INSTITUTIONS to cultivate the CAPACITIES of the masses of Black people.