Message Notes for Wednesday, September 5, 2018
The Great Reverser
Luke 4:14-21 (NKJV)
- 14 Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region.
- 15 And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all.
- 16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went intothe synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.
- 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, Hefound the place where it was written:
- 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor;He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of
sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
- 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”
- 20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of allwho were in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
- 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
Jesus reverses the impact of sin
• Sin promises riches, yet it Impoverishes
• Sin promises connections, yet it Breaks hearts
• Sin promises freedom, yet it Enslaves
• Sin promises special vision, yet it Blinds
• Sin promises to put you in charge, yet it Oppresses