Galatians 5:22-23 NIV
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Philippians 4:4-7 NLT
- 4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!
- 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
- 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
- 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Jeremiah 7:14 NLT
14 So just as I destroyed Shiloh, I will now destroy this Temple that bears my name, this Temple that you trust in for help, this place that I gave to you and your ancestors.
There are three kinds of peace in the Bible: 1. ETERNAL Peace
Romans 5:1 NLT – Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
2. EXTERNAL Peace
Romans 12:18 NLT – Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.
3. INTERNAL Peace
Colossians 3:15 NLT – And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
Peace is the assurance that God is in CONTROL, therefore I can keep CALM in CHAOS.
I. Peace is a matter of FOCUS
Isaiah 26:3 KJV – Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Matthew 6:33 KJV – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
II. Peace is a matter of FAITH
When I worry, I am saying I don’t trust God’s: • POWER
• Matthew 6.25-34 NLT – 25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow,
he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? 31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
I Peter 5:7 NLT – Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
III. Peace is a matter of FACT
John 14:27 KJV – Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
I Corinthians 16:22 KJV – If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
The number one reason people never find peace is because they are LOOKING for it