May I Have This Dance SERIES: Meet the Dancers
2 Samuel 6:1-15 KJV (13-15)
- 1 Again, David gathered together all the chosen
men of Israel, thirty thousand.
- 2 And David arose, and went with all the people
that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.
- 3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.
- 4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.
- 5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
- 6 And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
- 7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
- 8 And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place Perezuzzah to this day.
- 9 And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?
- 10 So David would not remove the ark of the LORD unto him into the city of David: but David carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite.
- 11 And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the LORD blessed Obededom, and all his household.
- 12 And it was told king David, saying, The LORD hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.
- 13 And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.
- 14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
- 15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
Matthew 4:18-19 KJV
- 18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
- 19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Life is a dance to be accepted.
Ecclesiastes 3:4 KJV – A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Psalm 150:4 KJV – Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Exodus 15:20 NLT – Then Miriam the prophet, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine and led all the women as they played their tambourines and danced.
Luke 15:25 NLT – Meanwhile, the older son was in the fields working. When he returned home, he heard music and dancing in the house…
The Ark of the Covenant contained:
1. 2. 3.
Moses two tablets – God’s Promises Aaron’s budded rod – God’s Power Manna – God’s Provisions
The Transportation of the
The Tragedy of the Ark
1 Samuel 5:7-8 NLT – 7 When the people realized what was happening, they cried out, “We can’t keep the Ark of the God of Israel here any longer! He is against us! We will all be destroyed along with Dagon, our god.” 8 So they called together the rulers of the Philistine towns and asked, “What should we do with the Ark of the God of Israel?” The rulers discussed it and replied, “Move it to the town of Gath.” So they moved the Ark of the God of Israel to Gath.
The Teaching about the Ark
David wanted God’s promises, power and provisions without God’s plan
God’s will is not a feeling; it’s not a formula. God’s will is a friendship.
Sermon Material © 2018 – Rev. Dr. Kevin Cosby. All rights reserved. Users may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, create derivative works or otherwise use any information from this lesson for commercial or public purposes without permission.
1 Corinthians 1:9 TLB – God will surely do this for you, for he always does just what he says, and he is the one who invited you into this wonderful friendship with his Son, even Christ our Lord.
Ways to dance in Life
1. Dance without the Lord 2. Dance from the Lord
3. Dance for the Lord
4. Dance before the Lord