Luke 19:1-10 NLT
- 1 Jesus entered Jericho and made his way through the town.
- 2 There was a man there named Zacchaeus. He was the chief tax collector in the region, and he had become very rich.
- 3 He tried to get a look at Jesus, but he was too short to see over the crowd.
- 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore- fig tree beside the road, for Jesus was going to pass that way.
- 5 When Jesus came by, he looked up at Zacchaeus and called him by name. “Zacchaeus!” he said. “Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today.”
- 6 Zacchaeus quickly climbed down and took Jesus to his house in great excitement and joy.
- 7 But the people were displeased. “He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner,” they grumbled.
- 8 Meanwhile, Zacchaeus stood before the Lord and said, “I will give half my wealth to the poor, Lord, and if I have cheated people on their taxes, I will give them back four times as much!”
- 9 Jesus responded, “Salvation has come to this home today, for this man has shown himself to be a true son of Abraham.
- 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”
Luke 3:4-6, 10-13 NLT
- 4 Isaiah had spoken of John when he said, He is a voice shouting in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord’s coming! Clear the road for him!
- 5 The valleys will be filled, and the mountains and hills made level. The curves will be straightened, and the rough places made smooth.
- 6 And then all people will see the salvation sent from God.’”
- 10 The crowds asked, “What should we do?”
- 11 John replied, “If you have two shirts, give one
to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry.”
- 12 Even corrupt tax collectors came to be baptized and asked, “Teacher, what should we do?”
- 13 He replied, “Collect no more taxes than the government requires.”
Leviticus 6:4-5 NLT
- 4 If you have sinned in any of these ways, you are guilty. You must give back whatever you stole, or the money you took by extortion, or the security deposit, or the lost property you found,
- 5 or anything obtained by swearing falsely. You must make restitution by paying the full price plus an additional 20 percent to the person you have harmed. On the same day you must present a guilt offering.
Deuteronomy 15:12-15 NLT
- 12 “If a fellow Hebrew sells himself or herself to be your servant and serves you for six years, in the seventh year you must set that servant free.
- 13 “When you release a male servant, do not send him away empty-handed.
- 14 Give him a generous farewell gift from your flock, your threshing floor, and your winepress. Share with him some of the bounty with which the Lord your God has blessed you.
- 15 Remember that you were once slaves in the land of Egypt and the Lord your God redeemed you! That is why I am giving you this command.
Greed is having or seeking to ACQUIRE and HOARD more of what you do not need and can never use at SOMEONE else’s expense.
Racism is a WRAP w-EALTH r-ELATIONSHIPS a-CERAGE p-OWER
The goal of the civil right struggle was not for blacks to be LIKED, but for blacks to be LIFTED.
America is not COLOR blind, America is HISTORY blind, which has made us JUSTICE blind.
Our country is The United States of AMNESIA